I have been teaching at North Rigton for 9 years and so it is with great pride I can say I have taught nearly every child in the school.
Hi! I am Mrs Ashton, the class HLTA.
I take the class on Wednesday mornings when Mrs Down is planning and preparing.
Helps us to settle in the mornings and helps Mrs Down in all sorts of ways!
Learning in Reception
Reception provides a stepping stone between nursery and the main school curriculum. I am passionate about developing children into independent and curious learners ready for the challenges of school. Each area of my indoor and outdoor classroom has been carefully developed to provide a stimulating and challenging environment which is practical, fun and play based.Children are encouraged to access resources independently and develop skills in creative and problem solving activities. Our small group size means that I can tailor my planning to each individual child, ensuring that all flourish, whatever their needs or interests. We have half termly topics as a starting point but the children are fully involved in planning and leading their own learning.
Our warm and welcoming school ensures that the children are confident and happy. Reception children thrive on interactions with older groups and collaborative activities, particularly with the Pears class. I pride myself on pupils who burst into the classroom each morning full of energy and ready to engage in every aspect of school life.
Click on the link below to see some of the planned themes for this half term.
- PE is on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons – please ensure PE kit is in school for these days.
- Learning Logs will be sent out each Monday and should be returned the following Monday.
- Reading books will be changed on a Tuesday and Friday.
- Water bottles will be sent home on Fridays for a good wash. Please ensure they are returned on the following Monday.
- We have access to the outdoor classroom whatever the weather so please ensure your child has a warm coat. Wellies and waterproof trousers are kept in school for particularly bad days or messy play!